It's not a firewall blocking it as far as I can tell, but I tried your
suggestion with no change.

Locally, I can browse localhost, localhost:8080,
localhost:8080/jsp-examples and localhost/jsp-examples, showing that
mod_jk is working okay.

However, also locally, I can also browse by ip, ip:8080,
ip:8080/jsp-examples, I CANNOT browse ip/jsp-examples.  I get The
requested URL /jsp-examples/ was not found on this server.

Remotely I get the same results.