From: Stephen Caine [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2005 3:45 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Installing SSL

All,

I have reviewed the man pages and java.sun.com docs for keytool.  I
have used keytool to import  a certificate from a Certificate
authority.  Keytool seems to be lacking the option to import an
entire prexisting private/public key pair into a JKS format keystore.

Specifically I have a RSA private Key and public key files from an
existing SSL enabled site.  I would like to use the same keypair for
a Tomcat served site.  Keytool will import the public key, but gives
a parsing error when trying to import the RSA private key.

I am using OS X 10.4.1 (Tiger Server) and Tomcat version 5.5.7.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Stephen Caine
Soft Breeze Systems, LLC