In addition to the answers u have got!!
IMO - it would be best (and safe) if you use ports 1024 and up. ports
lesser than 1024 are used for system level tasks and there is a
greater possibility of clashing with them. U have 1025 until 64000 (I
think) ports to choose from..

-Anoop

On 6/21/05, Raghupathy,Gurumoorthy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> And also the port for ajp13 listener and worker.properties and server.xml ..
> Make sure that they don't clash with each other

Thanks and best regards,
Anoop