> From: Caldarale, Charles R
> Subject: RE: configure HTTP1.1 pipline depth on Tomcat 5.0
>
> > And so TC will also not accept another request before it
> > processed the last
>
> Can you tell us where in the Tomcat code such a restriction
> is implemented?  I haven't been able to find it, although I'm
> certainly not an expert on Tomcat internals.

To answer my own question, the serialization of requests occurs in:
        org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor
where there's a loop in the process() method that insures each pipelined
request is responded to before starting on the next.  Note that this is
a serialization of processing, not accepting, so there does not appear
to be any limit on the number of requests that can be pipelined together
in a single transmission.  There is a configurable limit on the number
of keep alives that will be tolerated on an otherwise idle connection.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.