I recently tried the following combination, which works just perfectly with
Tomcat 3.1.1:

Tomcat 3.2.1, JDK 1.2.2, js.jar (from Rhino 15R1 mozilla.org, to utilize
javascript).

The servlet I am working on (debugging and fixing some stuff) relies on the
js.jar here.
The problem was, that Packages.x.y.z didn't work out nicely. I wondered why
and found
out (after 8 hours) that i had to add my own .jar files (from the
webapps/project/WEB-INF/lib/ dir)
to my CLASSPATH to make it work.

If i didn't do that, I keep getting ClassNotFound Exceptions form the
jscript part of the whole construct.

It works perfectly with the older 3.1.1 version of tomcat. So, I wonder
where's the problem.
The only other difference was the use of mod_jserv (for 3.1.1) and mod_jk
(for 3.2.1).
Nevertheless, the servlet was working fine with 3.2.1, jsut the jscript
stuff was messed all the time.

Is this a tomcat bug or something ?

---
Andreas Rust, webnova GmbH