Mahesh S Kudva wrote:

How can I have different certificate authentication for different applications and skip certificate authentication for some applications hosted on the same server.

I believe that, at least under SSL, certificates authenticate
*servers* not applications, and that the Connector offers a
certificate before it checks, or regardless of, the context
path within that server.

So you need to deploy each app at a different (virtual) host,
each with a different IP address.  We do this currently with
5.5.9.  You can use the default keystore for all hosts, and
use the (undocumented) keyAlias="myalias" Connector attribute
to offer the appropriate certificate for each host, e.g.

                <Connector
                  address="288.104.197.211"
                  port="8443"
                  scheme="https"
                  secure="true"
                  sslProtocol="TLS"
                  keyAlias="mrk2"
                />

(in 5.5.9 you also need sslProtocol="TLS" explicitly)

Paul Singleton