Hi,

I don't think there is any restriction to mapping a servlet to a welcome page:

<servlet>
<servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name> <servlet-class>com.company.app.MyServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/myServlet</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>/myServlet</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

Also, I'm not as sure, put I think just mapping the servlet to / will do the trick as well. Both are easy enough to test though, give it a shot and post back your results for the archives.

Frank

s s wrote:
i want to invoke a servlet using url like http://localhost:8080 only
i have done it using http://localhost:8080/index.html where index.html is a servlet. Is it possible to load this servlet as a default just like a default web page. The point is i want a servlet to recieve a request when url http://localhost:8080 is referenced i.e without the servlet name. is it possible?

Yahoo! Mail Mobile

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect
Omnytex Technologies