This is tricky.

Concerning jsp, you can simply replace old jsp with new one, they'll get
recompiled.
But what do you mean by replacing a class without affecting user work? This is
practically impossible to do,
because you can't change the class of an existing instance, all you can do is
load new instances with
the new .class. Howevr that mean datas saved in sessions and the new class will
indeed be different (so things like
(MyClass)session.get("someKey"), will fail because someKey is of the old type.

If what you want is redeploy a war without restarting tomcat, no problem,
tomcat doens only restart the redeployed webapp.

Le Mardi 5 Juillet 2005 14:21, Gal Robert a écrit :
> Hi,
> we have a new user requriement: to be able to modifiy the application
> without affecting user work.
> Is there any way to achieve this under tomcat? Currently we're
> building war file. Is there any way to replace a class (maybe jsp class)
> runtime, without restarting the tomcat?
> any information is welcome
>
> thanks.
> robert

David Delbecq
Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium

-
Is there life after /sbin/halt -p?