Let's think about maps.yahoo.com. I do not know how
they handle
millions of request and generate the map pictures
quickly. If I use a
servlet, in the post or get method I use:

    BufferedImage mapImage =
myTookKit.generateMap(String address);
    response.setContentType("imageĀ­/png");
    OutputStream os = response.getOutputStream();
    ImageIO.write(buffer, "png", os);
    os.close();

Is servlet a good choice? If I use servlet, is the
code above good
enough to handle hundreds of request? Is the choice of
BufferedImage a
good one? What special technique I need to implement
"myTookKit" to
make it faster? I am thinking about JNI.

Thanks,