I'm not sure about 5.5.x, but in 5.0.x and earlier it was put in META-INF.

Joe

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi!

I am trying to connect my web-app running under tomcat 5.5.9 to connect to
a postgresql database. I read
the JNDI Datasource HOW-TO on
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-h
owto.html.
I would like to have an application-specific resource configuration, but
the how-to says:

Create a resource definition file for your application defining the
datasource. This file must have the same name as your application, so if
your application deploys as someApp.war, this filename must be
someApp.xml.This file should look something like the following
<Context path="/someApp" docBase="someApp"
  crossContext="true" reloadable="true" debug="1">

<Resource name="jdbc/postgres" auth="Container"
         type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
         url="jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/mydb"
         username="myuser" password="mypasswd" maxActive="20"
maxIdle="10"
maxWait="-1"/>
</Context>

My two questions:

- I have a web-app called TestWebApp, so my file ist TestWebApp.xml, but
where do I have to put it in? WEB-INF directory?
- is the above example complete or do I have to put something more into
it?

I tried the shared resource configuration as it is described on the same
page, and it worked very well, but then i have great
problems to undeploy my web-app and to deploy it again, so i would like to
use the application-specific resource configuration.

Please help

Peter