Shamelss plug: My Java Web Parts project (http://javawebparts.sourceforge.net) will have this capability, hopefully by this weekend, via its AccessControlFilter. It's now probably 50% written and in CVS, but I have to complete the IP-based limiting (I got side-tracked a bit and went off and did some other things... typical!).

Frank

Ben Souther wrote:
You could put the restricted directories under WEB-INF and then use a
Front Controller Servlet to forward to or stream the files to the
browser.