Bill Barker wrote:

> "ohaya" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been looking into possibly replacing Tomcat's authentication with
> > our own functionality.  It looks like there use to be a class called
> > SimpleRealm in the older Tomcat versions that would have done the trick
> > if we replaced it, but I can't find any references to it in the latest
> > source that I downloaded.
> >

> In TC versions > 3.x.x, the replacement is RealmBase (in
> org.apache.catalina.realm).  It's an abstract class, so you extend it with
> the functionality that you want.

Hi Bill,

Thanks!

I think that I've at least been able to get started with this, but
instead of RealmBase, I've JUST gotten a very (I mean, VERY) crude
JAASRealm example working, where I built my own JAASLoginModule, etc.
So far, it seems to be working ok, but I haven't really added any too
complicated yet...

Jim