Hi all

 I have a problem that's been raised by my security team to do with using
Tomcat JDBCRealms. We're using such realms to protect restricted resources. We
also have a custom login form. The steps Tomcat seems to follow when using such
a setup is:

 1. Check to see if the user is logged in with access to the restricted
resource.
 2. If they aren't, forward them to the login page and create an HTTPSession to
keep track of that user.
 3. Once they've logged in, add the authentication system to the HTTPSession
created in step 2 to hold that info and forward them to the resource.
 4. Continue using the same HTTPSession to maintain state.

 The problem my security team has with this is that someone could potentially
steal the users HTTPSession ID before they've logged in, as this is created in
the login screen. e.g. the user is forwarded to the login screen, then goes to
make themselves a cup of coffee. A hacker goes to their computer and writes
down the session ID. The user comes back and logs in, and the hacker pretends
to be them from another computer.

 My question is: how can I avoid this situation and keep the security guys
happy? Is it possible to have the session ID held by the browser (in
JSessionID) change post-login (ie make tomcat invalidate the current session
and create a new session after the user has been successfully authenticated)?

 Thanks for your help.