netbeans.org has a http monitor module that can record and playback of
http requests, plugged into netbeans' web development framework.  I
think you could just download just that module and manually install it
into your tomcat, and use the UI from netbeans to do the
record/playback.  It actually can be installed into any newer
application server that is up to date in its servlet support.

go to http://monitor.netbeans.org for more details

--George