hi,
u have to close the connection, sothat container puts it back in the pool .
as u set maxActive="100" at max only 100 connections will be
maintained in pool and as u r not closing the connection, u would have
ran out of all the connections available in pool (ie 100)
closing the connection should solve ur problem
check this link for more details

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

regards
Srikanth Peddireddy