From: "Jyothi Palvai" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I think I have tomcat running in debug mode on a linux, I did this by
running the
> "catalina run debug" command but I don't know the debug commands to run to
> get to start Tomcat, watch the variables, put debug points etc.

You appear to be asking how to use your debugger, which we can't answer
unless you tell us what you're using.

I use JSwat with the Tomcat, Struts and Commons source code available.  All
I do is start Tomcat with 'catalina.bat jpda start'.  On Windows, it
defaults to shared memory, and I see the following in the console:
   Listening for transport dt_shmem at address: jdbconn

(IIRC, on Linux it defaults to the other option, involving a socket.)  There
is some info here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/development.html#rd

HTH
--