Create a dummy index.faces file.
I did it this wy with Struts and index.do so I assume it should work with faces, too.

hth,
Christoph

Marten Lehmann wrote:
Hello,

I tried to put the following into web.xml:

<welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>index.faces</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

But obviously, this doesn't work, because there is no file index.faces, but index.jsp. However, if the index.jsp isn't called through index.faces, the FacesContext isn't used. How can I achieve this as expected? I don't want to use the plain old workaround with an index.html containing a refresh.

Regards
Marten