One possible solution would be :

U create a servlet which loads on startup.
While defining servlets in web.xml set the load on startup attribute
for some servlet and that servlet will be loaded/executed
automatically by container at startup
U can write ur code for loading and populating the bean in that
servlet and u can store that bean in ServletContext object (if iam not
wrong) sothat u can acces it else where

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>LoadingServlet</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>LoadingServlet</servlet-class>
        <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

regards
Srikanth