Currently I have a tomcat server running with the lastest JDK 1.4.2 (08).
I was wondering if any of you that are using JDK1.5(aka Tiger) seen benefits by switching to the newer and supposedly better JDK.

On top of that I know that tomcat is suppose to run with the JDK but JRE is suppose to be faster then the JDK because I assume the native code is optimized and all the debugging info in native and in classes are removed.

Anyone can share a perfomance store with regards with this topic ?

Thanks,
MC