Andrea,

Let's say you install tomcat on machine A, (your
server), and your network administrator has given that
machine the address of 192.168.0.7.

You and want to reach the server from a machine B,
your workstation.  All you need to do (assuming they
are on the same network and properly configured, which
are NOT tomcat issues) is sit down at the workstation,
machine B, and open your browser.  Enter the address
of the server (here, 192.168.0.7:8080).  Thats it.

No "address"=xxx.xxx.xxx field is needed.  Ommit them
from your server.xml file unless you plan to have your
server host virtual domains based on IP address.
"Usually" a machine only has one IP address, but even
so, if you do not set up the address parameter in your
server.xml file, tomcat should listen to all the
network devices on the server and respond to your
requests to each of the IP's.

If this does not answer your question, either I
misunderstood it altogether and you need to be more
specific about what you are trying to do, or you might
try a brief chapter on basic networking in any good
"internet,how it works" type reference book.  Or a
good linux reference book, same chapter.

Justin