Hi all,

I need an object to be instanciated on the startup of my tomcat.
So I did a servlet the creates an instance of it and put my servlet in the
web.xml of a webapp with the loadOnStartup parameter.
The constructor of my object is called twice so there must be 2 instances of it
... which is a problem.
(when I call the url of the servlet that creates the instance, only one is
created)

Could someone explain me why the constructor is called twice (why do I have 2
instances ?)
and/or could someone give me another solution to have one and only one instance
of the object created on the tomcat startup ?

Thanks,

Nicolas