Like Paul said, it shouldn't be problem unless you're using specific Oracle 10 features or if you have synonyms or views linked to older Oracle databases. I've had a few synonyms that were linked to Oracle 7 and 8 tables that required using an older driver. If you run into problems, Oracle may only support you on 'certified' databases.

I'd try it. If it works great, if doesn't then I patch to
10.1.0.4.

I've also only used the thin client JDBC drivers, so I can't say much about the other drivers.

HTH,

Jeff

Paul Singleton wrote:
I noticed there are JDBC drivers for 10.1.0.2 and . Which
should I use?

I've always found that Oracle JDBC drivers are backwards
compatible (not that I've driven them very hard) so I'd
use the .4

(or should I patch to 10.1.0.4)

not if it ain't broke :-)

Paul S.