From: Todd Pfaff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 9:01 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Cc: Animesh Chaturvedi - US
Subject: Re: Hey I found the solution RE: Servlets do not run under
Apache-tom cat

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Animesh Chaturvedi - US wrote:

> Hi filip
>
> I found the solution. You have to make a change in tomcat's server.xml
file.
> In the ContextManager section you have to set up a variable like
> home="TOMCAT_HOME".

That's all?  That solved your problem?  Something like this?
(TOMCAT_HOME = /tomcat in my case)

  <ContextManager
  home="/tomcat" debug="0" workDir="work" showDebugInfo="true" >

> Now you do  not need to use an Alias directive they all will work.

Are you saying that, for example, with this Alias directive removed from
your tomcat-apache.conf file:

  Alias /examples "/tomcat/webapps/examples"
  <Directory "/tomcat/webapps/examples">
      Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
  </Directory>
  ApJServMount /examples/servlet /examples

that you can still load the examples index page:

  http://host/examples/servlets/index.html

and then run the example servlet:

  http://host/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample

when using an apache server?

How could this be possible?  How would apache know where to find
/examples?

--
Todd Pfaff                         \  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Computing and Information Services  \ Voice: (905) 525-9140 x22920