From: Kees Broenink [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 7:39 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Missing catalina.bat

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed Tomcat 5.5.9. When i wanted to configure
JPDA I saw that catalina.bat is missing in the bin directory.

So now I am starting Tomcat by running the tomcat5.exe.

I scanned all config files, registry settings, release notes,
documentation, mailing lists and did not find a answer to my question:

- how to configure JPDA (and other JVM settings)

The most appropriate way I could image was the registry setting:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun
2.0\Tomcat5\Parameters\Java]

adding the following to the Options key:

-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=5678,server=y,suspend=n

But this does not work.

Changing something else like -Dcatalina.home will influence the startup!

I have seen somebody else also asking this question to the mailing list.
But I did not see any answers. So please if somebody knows tell us and
let's put this info in the FAQ.

Thanks,

Kees