Hi All,

I am having a problem with Tomcat. I have a website application that I use
over 2 aplications. 1 context I use for testing and the other is meant for
vistors (live version). This means that the same application is running
over 2 contexts . When I update a servlet in the test context and then
reload the test context the update isnt loaded. For example:

I have the exact same servlet in the test and live context. I then update
the servlet in the test context by adding the following code
System.out.println("Updated servlet"); to the doGet function of the
servlet. I then reload the test context.

The situation at this point is that the test context has the updated
servlet and that the live context has the older version of the servlet.

When the servlet is executed in the test context the text 'Updated
servlet' doesnt appear in the catalina.out file. If the servlet had been
reloaded correctly then the test context should have printed 'Updated
servlet'  to the catalina.out file everytime the servlet is executed
(Called via the get method). This makes me beleive that there is something
very wrong with tomcat, that it cant keep a clear difference between the
same servlet (although slightly modified) over different contexts.

I am using jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27 and j2sdk1.4.2 on debian sarge.

A tomcat restart by the way does solve the problem but thats not a
solution for me.

Thanks,
Martyn