Hi all;

this is probably a stupid question on that list, hope I'll not be tarred
and feathered for being way off-topic; but since probably there are some
persons around here pretty familiar with certain aspects of Enterprise
Java, I'll anyhow kindly ask for comments on the following thing:

I'm currently in the process of recreating a web client granting access
to a proprietary document management system. About that, currently I am
more or less into specification and drafting of that beast, and, at this
point, certain questions arise.

* First of all, the client (obviously) needs to have an easy-to-use GUI
which (ideally) will be available on all platforms being able to access
the site. I'm thinking about using a Java applet right for that, but I'm
not completely sure whether this will be appropriate. Otherwise, I'm
searching for sort of a framework helping me to rapidly certain parts of
the site user interface on the fly, like, for example, a search mask to
search for documents classified by given attributes. I'm thinking about
also checking out struts for that, but I'm not sure whether this is a
work that might be done with struts in a meaningful way.

* Basically, then, the web client should almost seamlessly be integrated
with a web content management system to provide some static web pages as
well as (little) dynamic content. This, currently, is a collection of
perl scripts to be migrated to some platform better suited for the job
sooner or later. It would be, anyhow, a good thing using more or less
the same tool for that which is used for the web client.

So, overally: Can anyone recommend such a vast piece of software
framework / library / package /whatever, which runs atop java/tomcat,
provides both facilities for content management and for quick
development of web-gui driven applications? Dunno whether there is
something like that, but still would be thankful for any hints.

TIA and bye,
Kris

--
Kristian Rink * http://www.fotolog.net/kawazu * http://zimmer428.net
icq: 48874445 * jab: [EMAIL PROTECTED] * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771