I'm using Tomcat 5.5.9 with Tapestry and Spring.  Given my usage of Spring,
I've found that I need to reload my project on occasion to pick up new XML
configurations.  To this point, I've accomplished this by writing a simple
Ant script that simply touches my web.xml file.  The file update triggers
Tomcat to reload my project.

However, after doing some JNDI / JDBC setup in my server.xml, my
update-the-web.xml-file method of reloading my project quit working.  It
still works when I manually reload the project through the Tomcat Manager,
though.  I back-tracked far enough to find that the mere presence of the
<Context> node pointing to my web application causes the reload to stop
working - even when I have reloadable="true" set on my Context node.  I
remove that context node pointing to my web app, and the reloading starts
working again when I touch my web.xml file.

Can anyone fill me in on why this is so?  Is there a setting whose default
is getting wiped out when I use the Context node in the server.xml file for
my web app?  Am I doing something wrong to cause this behavior?  Is there
something far more sinister going on here? :)

Thanks,
Paul Kimbrel