Hi,

I'm not convinced by that forum thread.
It's very hard to believe that there is such a severe bug in Java 1.4.2_06 *that isn't fixed yet*

Do you have a link to a Sun Bugparade entry describing the problem?

Christoph

Martyn Hiemstra wrote:
Hi All

I have found a Bug in Java 1.4.2_08 and Java 1.4.2_09.

Goto this address to read about it:
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=599301&tstart=0

The new versions will break your jstl code and create errors in the log
and create blank pages.

I have tried a new Tomcat version, no luck. I had it running on another
server but that server is running on Java 1.4.2_05.

So just a tip. Dont install Java 1.4.2_08 or higher. It will kill your
application if your using jstl.

Martyn