I am getting some strange behavior when trying to autodeploy.

I am running tomcat5.5.7 and the instance has several apps running in it.

The contexts are contained within
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/whatevercontext.xml

There are several different contexts in this path.

However when a .war file is dropped into the webapps directory sometimes it
will deploy properly, other times it will delete the war file and the xml
context associated with it.  This is a dev instance and I have set the
privilages so our developers can drop war files into the webapps directory so
that I dont have to be involved everytime.

Has anyone else ran into this?