I finally got Apache2 + mod_jk2 + tomcat 4.1 working with tomcat doing vhosting
on my laptop for development. The management said that is great that I should
now roll it over to the dev servers before putting it into production.

I started setting up everything and was down to creating the vhost in
httpd.conf when I realized one fatal problem, Apache and Tomcat are on 2
separate servers. The way that I understand it, Apache finds a jsp page in it's
docroot and if the host is in workers2.properties, it gets handed over to
tomcat.

If the webapp is not on the same box, how do you "let" apache find it to hand
over to tomcat? My first thought was NFS, but the change control board frowns
on any sort of filesharing among the servers. It's kind of important to get
this properly working, is there any other way? Thanks.

Jeff Schroeder
Web Administrator
Comair, Inc.