hmmm wild guess here but are the cert file and the web app owned by the same user and group that executes the Tomcat thread(s)? i.e. If Tomcat is run by user say tomcat, and the other persons web app is owned by another user, and the cert is owned by say root I could see it causing a problem.

It is a mistake I have made a lot and then waste a lot of time only to find I uploaded a file that Tomcat did not have the right permissions to use.

Hayes, Wes wrote:
Good Morning,
I am the Network Admin working with a programmer trying to get TomCat
5.5 working with SSL.  She is trying to run a servlet via Oracle
JDeveloper 10.1.2.  Now, on my end, I have followed the instruction for
TomCat on how to get SSL installed and it seemed to work fine.  Got the
test cert from Verisign and installed it and I can access it via
Internet Explorer on https://xxx.xxx.xxx:8443 <https://xxx.xxx.xxx:8443>
with no problem.  But when she tried to run her app she tells me this:
When I attempt to run my test stub which opens a connection to the
servlet,  I get the following error.  I do not see this error if I run
it through my browser.
"javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found"
Any thoughts on this? Wesley Hayes
Network Administrator
AICPCU
720 Providence Road
Malvern, PA 19355
610-644-2100 ext. 7216
610-651-7643 (Fax)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential, privileged, and
intended solely for the named addressee(s). The unauthorized use, disclosure,
or alteration of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the e-mail.

--
Brian Cook
Digital Services Analyst