Are you saying you are taking the PC that runs Tomcat home with you and it does not work at home? Or are you trying to connect to Tomcat running at the office from anther PC at home? If it is the second one then you need to use the actual IP or domain instead of just localhost.

What other services is Tomcat connecting to? (i.e. Data Bases, LDAP, Web Services, App Servers, etc.) If you are taking the PC running Tomcat home with you. Can you verify that you can connect to them over the VPN? i.e. Log in or connect to them manually with out Tomcat over the VPN to make sure you have access.

The error seems to indicate that Tomcat is missing some class files or libraries. Could they have been on a shared folder that you do not have access to over the VPN?

Sunjay Gunda wrote:
Hello All,
    I am new to Tomcat. I am using the following for my application
Tomcat : 5.0.28 Java : 1.4.2_08
Struts   :  1.1
Windows XP.
I am able to access my application that is hosted on my local box. http://localhost:8080/XYZ/loginForm.jsp I connect through VPN for my office work. At that time, I am unable to access the same application (that I am able to access if I am not connected through VPN). Can anyone suggest what might the problem be? I am getting the following errors when I try to access the application If I login as http://localhost:8080/XYZ/loginForm.jsp

type Exception report

message
description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from
fulfilling this request.

exception javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find ActionMappings or ActionFormBeans collection org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:825) org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:758) org.apache.jsp.loginForm_jsp._jspService(loginForm_jsp.java:101) org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:324) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

root cause javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find ActionMappings or ActionFormBeans collection org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.lookup(FormTag.java:712) org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:500) org.apache.jsp.loginForm_jsp._jspx_meth_html_form_0(loginForm_jsp.java:132) org.apache.jsp.loginForm_jsp._jspService(loginForm_jsp.java:91) org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:324) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.0.28 logs.

---------------------------------
Apache Tomcat/5.0.28
If I login as http://localhost:8080/XYZ/loginForm.do, I get the following
message
HTTP Status 404 - Servlet action is not available
---------------------------------

type Status report

message Servlet action is not available

description The requested resource (Servlet action is not available) is not
available.

---------------------------------
Apache Tomcat/5.0.28
I am able to access the admin and the manager of the tomcat even after
connecting through VPN. But I am unable to connect to my application. Can
anyone help me?

Thanks

Sunjay

Brian Cook