On 8/24/05, Seva Popov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well,
>
> <JSTL l.0 spec>
<snip/>
> </JSTL l.0 spec>
>
> As you see runtime expressions were quite valid in jstl 1.0 tags.
<snap/>

They still are, but IMO in the JSP 2.0 XML syntax, it gets tricky to
use them in attribute values. EL has taken over, and for good reason.

So lets sprinkle some magic dust, bid the angle brackets bordering the
expression adieu and hand you this to replace what you have in your
JSP 2.0 document in XML syntax:

<c:set var="admin" value='%=request.getParameter("admin")%'/>

Might work, OTOH, we could also attempt to write readable code. Lest
we miss the only combination of single and double quotes that will
work in the attribute value ;-)

> I couldn't find information in jstl 1.1 / jsp 2.0 regarding this issue.
> That is why I would appreciated the pointers to the specs.
<snap/>

I'm out of cycles for this, but read the chapter on JSP documents from
the 2.0 spec, its either chapter 5 or 6.

-Rahul