Dennis Harris wrote:

I have Tomcat 4.1 running on Server 2003. Now I want to point a new
domain to this box using virtual hosts. I have read all the
documentation and I'm still unclear where in the server.xml file to
place this virtual host. Can someone paste an example of the virtual
hosts and where exactly in goes in the server.xml file.

Grossly simplified, the hierarchy is:

<Server>
  <Service>
    <Connector/>
    <Engine defaultHost="localhost">
      <Host name="localhost"/>
      <Host name="dev.example.com"/>
      <Host name="cool.example.com"/>
    </Engine>
  </Service>
</Server>

Any help would be appreciated. By the way, I am a newbie with Tomcat.

In which case, I'd recommend using a non-ancient release, i.e., one
in current active development; you'll get more and better responses
to your questions :-)

HTH,
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]