Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

From: Philip Cote [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: Making a Database Image Show Up on a Jsp Page

My only sticking point is how I'm supposed to write that binary data to the jpeg file.

I think the point people are trying to make is that you don't need to
write any "file" at all.  The bytes of the image should be output as
part of the response stream, using the appropriate MIME type.  Or maybe
I don't really understand the problem.

- Chuck

No, it was me who didn't understand the answer. I never thought of servlets being used like that. I've always thought of them as tools that collected data from the appropriate sources and then rendered text and html and that's it. The whole idea of streaming binary data based on a different MIME type than that never occurred to me before. When I finally got it, the solution came together perfectly. It was pretty cool.

and its attachments from all computers.