Tomcat 5.x requires JDK 1.4.2 or newer. I would get 1.5.4 or what ever the newest JDK is. Especially if you will be doing any GUI development.

You do not need to configure anything in Tomcat if you are ok with its default values. If you want to make any changes to Tomcat you can do so by making changes to the values in the server.xml file in Tomcat/conf/

All of these are basic questions that are covered in the Tomcat Docs pages.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/index.html

Joshua Pereira wrote:
hello im a beginer .
im using windows XP,
tomcat 5.0.28,
MySql 4.1
Can anyone tell me what version of JDK should i use and how do i
configure my tomcat.
can anyone show me an example configuration for windows XP .
Thanks in advance......