On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Ceki [iso-8859-1] Gülcü wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to inquire about the status of log4j in Tomcat 4.x, more
> specifically in Catalina. I had heard through the grapevine that
> Catalina was going to use log4j internally. Is this correct? Thanks
> for any info on this matter. Ceki

It does not use Log4J currently, but such support would be easy to add (by
implementing an org.apache.catalina.Logger that uses it) or harder to add
(by replacing Catalina's notion of a Logger with direct use of
Log4J).  Now that beta 2 is out the door, it's timely to talk about this
on the TOMCAT-DEV list and choose which way we want to go.

> --
> Ceki Gülcü          Web: http://qos.ch
>                 email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (preferred)
>                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]