The servlet spec (and tomcat is spec compliant) forbids the client
direct access to anything in WEB-INF.  I can think of two possibilities
for what you are seeing:

1) You have Apache or IIS in front of this serving out static content.
In that case, do what others have suggested and configure Apache or IIS
to block access to files in WEB-INF.

2) You have a servlet offering up material from your webapp and it's
erroneously serving up material in WEB-INF as well.  This wouldn't be
anything provided by tomcat -- it would be one of your servlets if it
exists.

--David

Scott Purcell wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I was showing someone my website the other day, and when they started playing
>with the URL, they could see the jsp files, html files, and files under the
>WEB-INF directory.
>
>Is created a <welcome-file-list> in the web.xml, but I guess if someone plays
>with the url and tries to get a look at the files that does not help.
>
>How does one shut down all access to anything from a url
>
>Thanks
>Scott

David Smith
Network Operations Supervisor