What you see looks like normal jasper name mangling of generated pages.

You use: http://myserver:8080/RichardsApp/DoSomething.jsp

I presume there is also a generated mapping entry, that you may have overlooked:

<servlet-mapping>
     <servlet-name>RichardsApp.DoSomething_jsp</servlet-name>
     <url-pattern>/DoSomething.jsp</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Richard Burman wrote:

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate your help. I'm not sure I
fully understand your solution. I see now that the webXmlFragment
provides a convenient way to generate the XML needed for the Servlets
but that have bizarre names.

Let's say I have a jsp:
/RichardsApp/DoSomething.jsp

Running Jasper at it provides a java file:
/RichardsApp/DoSomething_jsp.java

Then the Servlet definition would be:
<servlet>
 <servlet-name>RichardsApp.DoSomething_jsp</servlet-name>
 <servlet-class>RichardsApp.DoSomething_jsp</servlet-class>
</servlet>

The way to reference my JSP used to be:
http://myserver:8080/RichardsApp/DoSomething.jsp

What would the new reference be?