From: David Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 9:38 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Trying to connect tomcat5 with postgresql database

Depends on how you are deploying your app.

1) If deploying as an expanded folder, name the context.xml file after
your webapp and place it in conf/Catalina/localhost.  For example, if
your app is called tutorial, it would have it's <Context> element in the
file $CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost/tutorial.xml where
$CATALINA_BASE is the top level of your tomcat installation.

2) If deploying as a .war file, the file is named 'context.xml' and
placed in the META-INF directory of the war archive.  Tomcat will read
it when deploying the application.

--David

David Smith
Network Operations Supervisor