> From: Ajay Arjandas Daryanani [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I'm developing a authorization filter for Tomcat 5; in some cases, if
> the user credentials are invalid, I have to save the original request,
> redirect the user to an external authentication engine, handle the
> response and then proceed with the original request. The problem is, I
> can't find a way to clone the request or create a new one.
>
> Any comments are welcome.

There was a similar thread a couple of months back.  The conclusion of
that thread was that you cannot clone the original or create a new
request, and that there are sound architectural reasons for this.
Instead, you'll have to do it the "proper" way - store the data you need
from the original request in some appropriate manner, then handle the
new request using that stored data when it comes in.

                - Peter