Hi!
Althogh my error sounded a bit different, I think I had the same
problem.
You already specified
headless=true
as sysprop or java option in catalina.sh?

Unfortunately this is not enough under linux/unix.
On my linux at home, there are a lot of .so-files under
/usr/X11R6/lib, especially those with "libXt" and "libXst" in the name,
which where absent on the server. I had to copy these onto the server to
be able to do anything that is calling an awt package.
I cannot tell you now wich files are needed, but perhaps someone else?

Greetings,
sonja

Am Dienstag, den 13.09.2005, 11:18 -0300 schrieb Ritchie Gillam:
> javax.servlet.ServletException:
> /data0/apps/java/jdk1.5.0_02/jre/lib/sparc/libawt.so: ld.so.1:
> /data0/apps/java/jdk1.5.0_02/bin/java: fatal: libmlib_image.so: open failed:
> No such file or directory
>
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:846)
>
> All I am trying to do is run this Dashboard application that basically
> dynamically generates graphic files based on data from a database.    I am
> running this successfully on the other Sun Solaris 9 box (identical
> environment) yet on this new Production server with the same version of
> Tomcat (5.5.7) I get this error.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Ritchie Gillam
> Programmer Analyst, Information Services, Halifax Regional Municipality
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Phone: (902) 490-6167
> Fax: (902) 490-6583

Sonja Löhr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>