Alain Gaeremynck wrote:

I have 2 webapps living on the same server and they are linked to the same user experiance.. Now both apps require login but i don't want my users to have to login on both apps. Also while they are browsing in one context i don't want the session to expire for the other context. so the question is Is there a way to do session.setAtribute in one context and retrieve it from another and also to link the 2 session so that they don't expire or expire at the same time?
i'd like not to have to use hidden iframe and stuff like that

thanks!

with tomcat there's also a different approach to this problem using the SSOValve (org.liland.tomcat.valve.sso.SingleSignOn). however, in order to use this valve, the webapps need to let tomcat handle the authentication (see http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/realm-howto.html or http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/realm-howto.html). depending on your webapps this kind of setup may be anything from "simply a matter of configuration" to impossible.

Edmund