You can find detail information here:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/management/MBeanPermission.html

Very simple config example:
http://mx4j.sourceforge.net/docs/ch03s10.html

Peter

Pfingstl Gernot schrieb:

I like to monitor my tomcat 5.5 (running on jdk 1.5.0) with jconsole.
If I run tomcat without security manager everything works well.
If I run tomcat with security manager, monitoring the tomcat mbeans works well
- but jconsoles memory view doensn't work!
Sun's doc says: "If your application runs a security manager, then additional
permissions are required in the security permissions file."

But I have not found which permissions are required?

Has somebody have solved this?
Which permissions are required?

Thanks,
Gernot