Hi,

I need to get hold of and process an http-encoded URL (effectively an operational servlet) within a different context on the same machine and read back the response it provides.

e.g.

from the root Context within a doPost, I need to execute "/abc/api/action.do?param1=123&param2=abc" and retrieve a String response

I have tried getServletContext().getContext() to get hold of the other context, but that appears to return null. I can only presume this is a security constraint setup somewhere. ... Or is there some simple programming trick I appear to be missing. Can someone point me in the right directon as to what to read to find out how to get tomcat to let me do this please?