World,
   When i create a folder my container does not

recognize my index.html file in the top level
directory

nor is it able to find my servlet classes. But when i

 duplicate the servlet-examples folder and rename

it(say servlet-examplesCopied), tomcat recognizes

 servlet-examplesCopied 's index.html and its
servlets.

  I have tried this on my pc and on my mac and still
get the same strange results.Uninstalling and
reinstalling tomcat has done me no good as well.
please help.

thanks in advance