Not: <valve
Try: <Valve

-Tim

Mark Leone wrote:
KEREM ERKAN wrote:

Hi Mark,

Is it possible that you may have mistyped allow="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" as
allow="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in your configuration? If you did not accidentally delete the (") from the right hand side of allow when sending to the list,
that may be your problem.

Thanks for the suggestion. I do have the valve entered correctly. I cut and pasted from the style-sheet-rendered version of server.xml- that's why both of my posts had errors. Here's the valve as cut out of the source page for server.xml, with the IP address masked:

<valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve" allow="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"/>