I have a Tomcat5.5.9 server that works fine with JDBCRealm. I am trying
to configure a customRealm for the sever. The customRealm.jar file was
placed in the directory of $Tomcat_Home/server/lib. The realm in the
server.xml has been defined as:

     <Realm className="edu.aces.realm.JDBCUnixRealm"
           connectionName="XXXX"
           connectionPassword="XXXXXXX"

connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://oscar.acesag.auburn.edu:3306/authenticate"
           driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
           roleNameCol="role_name"
           userCredCol="user_pass"
           userNameCol="user_name"
           userRoleTable="tomcat_user_roles"
           userTable="tomcat_users"
           validate="true" />

After starting tomcat, I can see tomcat page via IE browser, but when
click on Tomcat Manager, just got a blank page.
I got exception in catalina.out as:
        WARNING: Exception executing accept
        java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketSetOption(Native Method)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.setOption(PlainSocketImpl.java:264)
        at java.net.Socket.setSoLinger(Socket.java:869)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.accept(ChannelSocket.java:300)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.acceptConnections(ChannelSocket.j$
        at
org.apache.jk.common.SocketAcceptor.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:852)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Thread$
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

In most case this exception means  "The server is not running (nobody
is listening on the specified port)" or "The host is not reachable".

Is there any additional configuration I missed? How to fix this
problem? Please help.

Julia Zhu