Servlet filter.

The filter can check the database status on init. Then the filter could be made smart enough to let all traffic through if the database comes back to life. (or conversely also goes away)

-Tim

Mike Miller wrote:

Hi,
I am looking for options to prevent my web application from being
available if our database is not available. I've used context listeners
in the past, but since you can return a bad return code they don't like
the cleanest approach.
I have tried registering a context listener and then throwing a
RuntimeException if the database is not available but that seems like a
kludge.