Hi there,

I have a setup in which certain trusted users of a web application X may upload new content files which are then put into webapps/X/content to be served from there. The problem is that everything unter /webapps/X is *deleted* by Tomcat upon undeploy, including the uploaded stuff.

My question is: what would be the best way to deal with this?
Of course, I'd love to put the uploaded files into directories *outside* of webapps/X, but there seems to be no way to let Tomcat serve them then as part of webapp X. A possibility I'm currently considering is to backup the files by an Application Listener prior the the undeployment and to restore them upon re-deploy.

Any thoughts?

--
Thomas Corte
[EMAIL PROTECTED]